Friday, January 16, 2015

Happy Slappy Tap Dancer and a Layout.

Yes, I will proudly admit that I loved Tap Dancing.  I did it for 9 years as a child.  I loved it.  I still play with the idea of joining the adult class at the local dance academy. 

I made a layout highlighting a very awkward stage in my childhood:


Check out my bangs and my awesome shoulder poof things.  




Needless to say, I was the most popular girl in middle school.  NOT!

When I pulled out this photo to scrap, I was blinded by my costume and my creativity came to a sudden halt.  I need inspiration, PRONTO!


The word is T-W-I-N-E.  The rules are to include an item from your stash for each letter in the word.  Here's what I did:
T-Tag
              W-Wood Veneer
             I-Ink Splatters
                  N-Notebook Paper
             E-Enamel Dots

I also used a sketch from Sketch-N-Scrap.

I used their Twistback Thursday Sketch #1:

Along with my old items:
The photo, some old cpu paper, mist, and and white card stock

and new items:
Everything else on my layout is new from my January Hip Kit & Add-on.



What embarrassing photos have you scrapped lately?



13 comments:

  1. What a great memory to scrap! You did a great job with the sketch, we are so glad you could join us this month at Sketch N Scrap! Make sure and list your old and new products used to be eligible for the prize draw for our Twistback Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I totally forgot. I updated it.

      Delete
  2. Lol at those shoulder poufs! Thank god dance costumes have progressed somewhat since then.... I did Flamenco and loved it - only recently scrapped my only photo of myself in costume...... Gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Andrea! I love the design and how you incorporated your stash challenge items. Very nice! You have inspired me to dig out some of my childhood photos now. Thanks for joining in with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty layout! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Out Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great memory and I think you should take the class for adults - even just so you can say you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome layout!
    Thanks for playing along with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome layout!
    Thanks for playing along with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! Great job with the stash items! Thank you for playing along at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! You crack me up!
    Well done with the TWINE challenge! Love the colors and photo ;) So glad you joined us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice layout! You did a fabulous job on the stash items. Thanks for playing along with Scrap Our Stash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the paper layering, inking, and stitching! Thank you for playing along with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely page. Great take on our TWINE challenge. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete